6.24.2003

Want to Smash the Spammers Back?
Found this site, FriedSpam.net, on MetaFilter and they purport to go to the site's mentioned in spams, again and again and again. Basically its a DOS attack engine (denial of service) that gives the spammers what they want by inundating them with hit after hit after hit until their servers fail.

Sounds like a good plan to me.
Shame it only works in IE but hey, that's why I keep a copy on my system (until MS truly dumps the platform on Mac).

Got a few spam sites that you feel a burning need to flame? Get down on it and smack those fools around. You can even enter multiple URLs to maximize your retaliatory experience!

[Update: I don't know if its a problem on my end or theirs but all I get is the validating URL's page and it hangs there forever. If anyone else can get the system to work, let me know how you did it!]

0 comments: