6.16.2003

School's Out, Time to Load and Unload Semis in a Residential Neighborhood at 7:15 am
Yeah, I guess that about says it all.

But I'm still pissed off because of this asshole who's been loading shit on a semi this morning. Waaaay before 8 a.m. when its legal. Leaving his truck idling for forty minutes while he drives his loader around, basically pouring poison fumes into my house.

So I called the cops on him. At first just to make sure my irritation was legit and that he was breaking the law. And then to register a complaint and have a roller come out to tell him to shut the hell up. Only problem is that its now just a minute or so before 8 and he's off with his first load.

What I don't understand is how these fucks rationalize working in a neighborhood with obvious residents everywhere well before when its legal? How in the hell do they think people WON'T notice. Its a huge truck rumbling windows, the stupid piercing back up sound on the loader and the assorted bangs of heavy equipment moving around. Um, how in the hell could I not notice that you're a. breaking the law and b. making a shitload of noise before most people have even left for work?

Anyway, still no cops, still this dick loads and leaves. Shame I couldn't get away with putting a round or two through his knees. That'd slow him down just a bit. But then I'd have to listen to his screams of pain in addition to the trucks. Oh well.

Other, Apple Needs To Make Auto-Restore Software for the iPod, News
Yeah, I performed a resurrection ceremony on my iPod this weekend. And the unit works again but I've since lost all of my playlists on the iPod, all of the play counts and my contacts as well. Basically, I had to zero the drive and start fresh.
Which says to me that there is a great market out there for someone to create an app to back up and restore iPod files.
As it is, I get to spend the next week or so reloading my songs, setting up lists again, setting ratings and all the other myriad fun of getting the iPod running properly again. It could be worse, I could have had a totally dead iPod that Apple would replace for a measly $284. Some issue with the FireWire port or something that they won't take full responsibility for. I've not read enough on it yet but that's the gist for now.

0 comments: