9.16.2003

Recall that Recall
The ACLU won a temporary halt to the recall effort in California.
The Washington Post reports: California Recall Delayed because 6 counties in California haven't been able to upgrade their voting machines so that the whole ridiculous "Hanging Chad" crap won't happen again.

I don't know, maybe the longer it goes, the more likely people are able to see how poor a choice Arnold would be. And that's not a bad thing.

Request for Information or Direction
I got into a conversation with my brother the other night about Blockbuster censoring movies they rented. After doing a couple of preliminary web searches I was only able to turn up info about the selective renting they do based on movies they like and don't like. Which is a pretty weak argument for censorship although the articles laid it out pretty well in terms of the monopoly they have in so many smaller towns so that it really does work that way.

But I was hoping to find out more information on BlockBuster's censorship practices. Maybe I confused BlockBuster with WalMart who has a long history of forcing musicians to re-mix or otherwise edit their music for Wal-Mart's taste (i.e. so that they don't offend their tight assed values). Can anyone direct me or help me out on this?

0 comments: