11.01.2005

Amazon is Stupid

I forgot my password to my Amazon account and tried to recover it through their online system. In the end, you have to fill out a bunch of information and they'll get back to you.

They got back to me today and the response was pretty ridiculous: "We're sorry that you've had trouble re-setting your password online. We've found that in the majority of cases, the quickest solution is to simply create a new account at Amazon.com."

Don't bother trying to get back to your old account that's got your wishlists, preferences, purchasing history and everything else. Just start a new account. Note, not the easiest solution, the quickest. They just want into my wallet some more.

Thanks but no thanks, Amazon. I'll be taking my business elsewhere if that's your pathetically stupid idea of customer service.
Tags: , ,

0 comments: