8.21.2003

It Isn't ALL Bad
We did meet with our wedding photographer last night and that was really quite cool.

She reminds me of my step mother. Her eyes are very alive and you can tell she finds an awful lot in the world that makes her smile. Perhaps the 10 month old daughter had something to do with it but she struck me as someone who really just enjoyed the heck out of life. And why not? She takes pictures (and very well) for a living. Sharing in those defining moments of people's lives and then giving them tangible memories to keep and share with others.

P and I agreed that we're starting to really assemble an excellent group of people to help out with the wedding activities. From our excellent ceremony performer to the caterers to the wedding photographer. Its all really beginning to come together and I think we're going to end up having a really excellent time.

I'm going to get my ring size today so that I can lock down that side of the ring equation and we're going to push P's side of that into high gear. There's not a tremendous amount of money to do it with now but I think we'll be fine in any case. The ring is a symbol of the love we have for each other and I don't see any logic in spending $5K on a symbol at this point in our path. That money could be far better spent on a down payment for a house or clearing out some more debt. Luckily, P is in agreement with me, at least in principle and I'm working on the reality side as well.

0 comments: