7.11.2003

Some Fresh Cheddar X-tasy
I know, I know, people out there came close to offing themselves in the absence of the Cheddar X last week and the ever more yawn worthy Friday Five (who's your best friend, who in your past would you like to meet again?) YAWN!

Anyway, here's this week's questions. Got some of your own to ask? Get thee over to the Cheddar X and add them to the note board or leave them in the comments.

When was the last time you went too far?
Easy answer, I missed the turnoff to get to my pal's house last night and went too far. Ahh, I know that's not what this one is about.
Probably on a blog comment thread, maybe the one on Layne's recently where some knob was basically calling me a sycophant even if he doesn't know what the word means. Or maybe on the recent thread about Carnivorism versus Vegetarianism because no, I don't think its more barbaric to eat live plants over dead meat.

When was the last time you couldn't get home under your own power?
Um, last night. Went over to a pal's birthday party, forgot to have any dinner, drank one of those big bottles of Bacardi O3 (which is like liquid orange candy), a Guiness and a couple of puffs of some NorCal chronic. So instead of being a teenager and driving myself home and risking a ticket or stacking the new car up, I called P and she came and got me. Initially she was irritated but by the time she got there she was actually happy I'd called. Is this some sign of impending maturity?

What's the most crazy thing you've seen or done while driving/commuting?
Geez, I've lived out here in the land of set-your-clock-by-it gridlock for almost a decade and I've seen all kinds of things. Guys getting blowjobs (and grinning like chimps), people putting on makeup, I think I passed one guy who was jacking off once, a car getting inverted five or six cars ahead of me as we came out of Oakland and the double lane swerve as Mr. Executive converses on his cell phone. But I think the winner is a woman I saw in Chicago one day who literally from the 'burbs into the city was slamming her upper body back and forth into her seat and smashing her head against the head rest. She did this for about thirty miles! I think to keep from falling asleep.

Ever been bare down there? (this is a reference to the Secret Garden as Carlene calls it)
Yep. Next question.

If you had a week to live, what would you do?
Run up all my credit cards living as large as I could. Rent a couple of cars, go visit people I've not seen in a long time. Sit and stare at the ocean. Have lots and lots of sex. Write thank you notes to my family and friends and wish them well. Go for long rambling mountain bike rides. Go skydiving. Eat the best food possible.

Would your eating habits change if your vegetables struggled or cried before you ate them? (a direct question from a controversy this week)
Um, yeah, if my tomatoes were weeping because I was eating them then I'd likely figure out some other food to eat. Or I'd kill it first and then eat it.

When was the last time you were embarrassed to be seen with someone and why?
Embarassed is a tough one, there have been a few times recently when I've been uncomfortable being associated with someone.
It was probably me doing the embarassing though so I guess I'll have to say me because sometimes I speak my mind or take actions even though other people tell me to hush up. Like when I get shitty service at a restaurant and want to leave an explanation of why I'm not leaving a better tip. That one always seems to make people freak.

0 comments: