6.27.2003

Stripperella, the Intellectual Poison Review

More Cartoon Naughtiness
I happened to catch Pam Anderson on The Best Damn Sports Show Period last night and they mentioned that her new show, Stripperella, would be playing at 11 pm on some high number station. I filed it away and tried to remember it when it came on.

My first impression of the cartoon? Unbeleivably stupid, corny and gratuitous. A long scene of a cartoon Pam Anderson thrusting her ass, tits and other parts at a crowd of men in a strip club who were losing their minds because she was sooooo impossibly hot. Enough drool on the floor to cause the waitress to slip and fall. So hot that an old man there with his IV drip bottle caused the bag to explode and cover him in green goo. And another made his beer foam over in a faux orgasm.

It was, lame. It was a transparent bad tittie show without the nudity.

There's a slapstick angle to the show and its like a bastard child of Pam's V.I.P. and her own goofy personality. Where part of the humor was to have a guy in a wheelchair lose all control over it, then get up and hurl it into a fire.

Will the show do well? Sure, there was plenty of cartoon flesh, lots of action and no plot whatsoever to interfere with the drooling hordes watching her bounce and jiggle.

Should it do well? Probably not. It was incredibly stupid but maybe I wasn't stoned enough or drunk enough or hadn't been dropped on my head enough as a kid or I have an IQ in the triple digits or any of another thousand reasons. It wasn't awful but I did start channel surfing midway through when, in the past, I'd just mute V.I.P. and do other stuff while keeping her divine gorgeousness on the screen.

Will I watch it again? Maybe but I don't think I'll be skipping Futurama to do it.

0 comments: