6.18.2003

Preach on, Brother Morford
Mr Morford hits a grand slam yet again with his most insightful article about the soul-less hell that is Wal-Mart. And points out how dangerous and powerful this mega-store chain truly is.
Go and read In a Wal-Mart Kind of Hell to get some sense of the real fear that Morford calls attention to.

He remains one of my favorite writers for his brutally open and lyrically dissing style. I can get there every once in a great while with my writing but it seems to come naturally to him.

And no, it doesn't hurt that he tears huge gaping holes in the fabric of ShrubCo all the time by pointing out his obvious retractions and double statements and snafus and other events that make my miss good ole' dumbshit Danny Quayle. He was at least harmless where Bush is a truly dangerous man. The image I have is of a chicken with its head cut off running amok while keeping one finger on the "Self destruct Planet Earth" button. And I think I can honestly say that if we have to suffer another four years of ShrubCo and Cronies (which would make a good Saturday morning cartoon but a bad administration) then I will very seriously reconsider living in America.

0 comments: