12.10.2002

Spammers Who Just Don't Get It
Spam can be hobby as well as food. Watching the idiots who send the exact same message to the exact same people only a few minutes apart. Or the people trying to sell prestigious diplomas from non-accredited universities (a paradoxical oxymoron anyone?). Or the fakers trying to pose as big companies and in "need" of your credit information to verify your order.

I just got some spam from some incredibly tiny brained fool who thinks that just because they have FedEx in their email address from AOL that people will respond to their spam. Um, not sure but I think FedEx uses its own domain name for its email. And why would they be giving away laptops anyway? Or "Free laptop giveaway 6723769" as it really was (or close enough for guv'mint work anyway)?

But at least the flood of horrendous animal rape sites has seemed to stop. Just what anyone could find appealling about such depravity is far, far beyond my capacity or will to understand.

And again and again I am moved to laughter at the story from Slashdot below about the bragging spammer who now gets tons, literally tons, of junk mail every single day of the year (well except when they aren't delivering mail that day). That is what's known as karmic payback. I hope he gets buried under all that mail and can't ever even find his computer to spam the universe again.

No comments: