12.14.2002

Coulda Scooped The News Folks
Not that it really means anything but I read this page, Mac Addicts to the Rescue the other day (thanks to Jay for the link and headsup) and then saw this story on Yahoo! News - Student Helps Cops Nab Alleged Swindler

And it was a story that I actually read and liked quite a bit. I'm not so enthralled with his semi racist views towards PC users though I'm a lifelong Mac user myself. He just seems to have a pretty serious chip on his shoulder directed towards the PC world. Much like I used to before realizing that it was wasted energy. But I also very much applaud the final result of the asshole bidder getting his ass caught and prosecuted.

I've never been ripped off for very much on Ebay but it does happen and it does suck. Good to see someone get their come uppance every once in a while as if to prove the system does work every once in a while.

In other, most fascinating and curious weather news, we're in the midst of storms on the Pacific ocean, or coming off of it, I guess. Sideways rains, hard, heavy winds with sand, dirt and water carried along with it. It was an interesting day to try and go out for a bicycle ride. I'd left my camera at work and decided to try and pick it up by biking there and back.

The ride there was great fun, fast and nearly effortless and I ended up going all the way down to the end of the bike path, where I had to cross through a parking lot and then buzz up along a highway on ramp. Yadda yadda yadda. Anyway, the head wind coming up the river on the ride back towards the ocean was quite impressive. It stood me up on several occasions. After averaging something around 20 mph coming down the hill and into the office I was lucky to break 9.5.

But I ended up shooting a pano out on the point. And then a 20 second movie to capture some of the sound. We'll see how that turns out. Still haven't done a lick of Christmas shopping, would Amy be proud?

Art Project News
I think I want to try this disposable camera concept. Which means that I'll need some volunteers.

The basic idea is to get a few people, maybe a half dozen to a dozen, send each of them a disposable camera and a directive, some target to take pictures of. Maybe on a given day even. Once all the pictures had been taken the cameras would be mailed back to me, I'd have them developed and put into some kind of gallery for global oohing and ahhing.

I suppose it would be just as feasible to do this with people who own digital cameras, eh? Okay then. Digicam folks are more than welcome to also join in.

Interested in taking part? Leave a remark or send me Email.

No comments: