11.21.2004

Technology Even Makes Fence Building Better

There's not much that's very techy about a post hole digger, either the hand held bladed model that is mashed into the earth time and again to remove handfuls of dirt at a time or the gas powered auger version.

But there's a decent amount of technology behind quick dry cement, pressure treated lumber and the very sweet and worth every penny of it No-Sag Gate Frame Kit that's now given me a bat door exit from my yard.

The fence is nearly complete, one or two more trips to Home Depot should about cover it. Oh yeah and the phone company needs to come out and make sure I'm not gonna kill my phone line with the last post.

And then, once the fence has been completed, then I will burn as much of the old fence as I can. I'll have my grill and sausage ready in case the fire department comes out to investigate. But it should burn damned fast since its such bone dry shitty wood.

On a positive note, it looks like I'm in good shape to finally win the damned football pool. We'll see though since its always conceivable that someone ran the table.

And, lastly, I might stay up late and waste time and play video games because I don't have to work tomorrow! Oh yeah, I am off work until next Tuesday! And lots of fun travel stuff in between now and then.

But it really does feel good to have built a fence to be proud of. I've gotten several compliments already. It'll be nice when its all done.

No comments: