11.23.2004

Getting Ready to Get Out of Dodge

So it's Thanksgiving week now, my family has already begun to mass up back on the east coast and we're prepping for Graydon's first trip, first plane ride, first visit to New England and first Thanksgiving.

It should be a great time if all the puzzle pieces fall into place at the right time in the right order. But that's what today is all about. Tracking down the verifiable confirmations of arrangements and doing as much as possible to get the others as locked down as possible.

I finished the fence yesterday and did a pretty damned fine job if I do say so myself. I did screw up one or two areas but I think I can fix one spot pretty easily and the other is just gonna be messed up. Its not bad by any means and I'm really very proud of my huge gate I built in. Especially since it now swings freely and has two locking mechanisms on it so it should last a little while. I'll be putting in a little but of time out there today but most of the day will be spent running errands and wrapping up loose ends.

I didn't win the football either, my best week and I wasn't even in the running for the pool. Oh well, I'm still climbing through the ranks so maybe I'll win the whole thing without winning a single week. That'd be fine.

By the way, I picked up a sweet new cordless drill at Home Depot yesterday. Its a Skil X-Drive 18v drill with speed charge batteries (that's right, it came with a spare!), a worklight built into the handle, a T-handle for extra pushing power and even a spare laser level to help hang pics properly. It was a bargain and we really needed it. The quick charge batteries worked perfectly too. I had to switch them out twice as I worked through the afternoon and into the night. But they were always ready to go by the time I needed them.

So I'm off to start working my chores list. Its extensive today.

No comments: