10.10.2003

Finally, Last Week's Cheddar X
Here are last week's The Cheddar X, It's Cheesier questions with this week's new ones hot on the heels. Rock on, Cheddar Lovers!

1. Where would you be if you were in a band?
I'd have to go with lead vocals just because I've got a set of pipes that can belt out songs with or without amplification. That and I could get used to the spotlight.

2. What compels people to obey the law, the desire to avoid prison or caring for their fellow man? Why? Why not?
I'd love to be able to say that people obey the law out of respect and love for their fellow man but its crap. People can and will treat others as mere means to their own ends (in direct conflict with Kant's Moral Imperative). The only reason people don't commit crimes is because they fear the punishment, not the harm they cause to others. Criminals are, by their nature, incredibly selfish and self centered people.

3. What's your favorite secret trick or shortcut either you can do or you know about?
There are all kinds of secrets and shortcuts. Things as simple as holding down the ALT key when selecting text in Word to only select just that text you want (try it and you'll see) to how to slice lots of tomatoes quickly to knowing just which side streets to take to get downtown faster.

4. There has recently been quite a bit of exposure regarding biased reporting from Iraq. Is it the responsibility of the news agencies to report good news as well as bad news?

5. What should the age of consent be and why?
Consent shouldn't really be made legal by age but by maturity of the individual in question. I've known 35 year olds who shouldn't be having sex and I've known 15 year olds who are far more mature than their years. With that said, I think 18 is a pretty reasonable age to allow people to bump uglies.

6. Are you a Stealth Blogger? That is, do you let the people in your life know you blog? If so, why? If not, why not?
Most of my friends know I write, only a few read me regularly. I've stopped letting new friends know that I write to this space but that's only because I do, on occasion, rant like O'Reilly or Limbaugh (awww, you poor fat fucking racist bitch pig, you're addicted to pain killers? that's just awful news, I hope you overdose soon so the world will be rid of your vileness).

0 comments: