8.28.2003

Spam that Thinks Its Not Spam
Sometimes Spam can be about the funniest thing ever. Of course, you've gotta be in the right mood for it but this spam I just got almost made me fall over laughing.
"This IS a legitimate BUSINESS hgbbrlfvkblqg" from Errol Trejo

As if the highlighting of the "IS" and "BUSINESS" is going to make me overlook the hodgepodge attempted filter busting mangle of letters at the end. Or the fact that Errol Trejo is a made up name and it was sent to my work email address.

I know someone out there opens and reads their spam because it just keeps coming but damn, you have got to be absolutely dense to open this one. Spammers are those high school dropouts who thought they already knew everything important, they are the know-it-alls who don't really know anything. But some of them have a career in comedy if only they could harness their powers for good instead of for the lame sort of evil that just leaves you wondering how much crack they've smoked today.

The other spam I like is the Spam Stopper Spam, the kind that purports to be able to stop spam which is some sort of cyber suicide, isn't it?

Nice try Errol, but you're an idiot and I am not.

0 comments: