8.21.2003

Integrity Be Damned, The News is What FOX Says It Is
Found this thread via a Metafilter thread about Al Franken and Bill O'Reilly.
Appellate Court Rules Media Can Legally Lie. - SierraTimes.Com

I wasn't aware that there's no such thing as journalistic integrity. No adherence to the truth, just let's push for ratings and fuck 'em if they don't like it.

I just became a member of the Anti-Fox News band wagon. They don't deserve another moment of airtime if they think its okay to misrepresent the truth for their own ends. They're fucking journalists for chrissake! They're supposed to be objective but O'Reilly's taken that term and turned it into a lie.

Which reminds me, I need to blog about the recurring tendency to name things the opposite of what they truly are. Its in true Orwellian 1984 fashion. I'll have to think about it and construct the post but here's the seed.

0 comments: