8.14.2003

Good News on All Fronts
So far today's gotten off to a pretty good start (with the exception of my cruiser which has some really irritating chain line issues and my stupid over sleepy work computer but let's not dwell on them, shall we?).

Especially when P got the call this morning, they offered her the job and she starts in the morning! How cool is that? Unemployed one day and working again the next. Very cool stuff indeed. And I can't lie and say I'm not excited to get discounts on water gear! That'll add to the pleasure of having a good job for a good company.

Warning: Impending geek mini-post.
I had my Fantasy Football draft last night and ended up scoring a pretty excellent team overall with several trade bait picks that should enable me to put together a truly excellent team. But then, one or two key injuries and the whole season's in the crapper so you never know. How about both Michael Vick AND Donovan McNabb? Yeah, that's what I thought.

We're also going to try and have the first dryer fire this evening if we can get some wood and get the washer barrel ready, it needs just a little prepping before it'll be good to burn in. And yes, I recognize that calling it a dryer fire when its a washer barrel is misleading but washer barrel is only fun to write, its not very much fun to say. Certainly not as cool as dryer fire. I need to get ahold of a couple of cinder blocks to elevate it and protect the patio but that'll also provide under the fire airflow which'll make it burn really well.
And then I'll also need to get a hold of a grill to use on it as well, maybe a beat up Weber or something similar that I can snag and use. But we'll worry about that later. For now its just going to be cool enough all on its own.

Wedding plans are progressing nicely again and we'll likely get the invitations mailed out early next week, only a week after we'd planned it which is pretty good considering all the bumps in the continuum.

And I think I'm going to see about getting my hands on a kayak for the weekend so I can get some exercise, some sun and still enjoy some peace and quiet as well. Maybe the surf will be good and I can try my hand at some surk kayaking too. Or maybe I'll finally get around to getting out and trying surfing (it shames me to think that I've lived in this surf town for eight plus years now and have yet to give surfing a try, partially because I think I might like it too much and would blow off my other sports for it and I love biking far too much to allow that to happen, does that make any sense?).

Psst, New Q's Up
The Cheddar X, It's Cheesier has this week's new questions up and ready to hack at. Have at it!

0 comments: