7.28.2003

In Spite of the Glaring Reality
Telemarketers are Suing the Feds saying that the Do-Not-Call list that's grown to some 28 million signups in the first month or so since it opened up will destroy their industry.

Apparently the industry they were making a living in should have been destroyed a long time ago with the huge numbers of people registering to NOT get their stupid calls.

Do I feel bad for the two million jobs that are expected to be lost because of this? Yes, I feel bad for the people but I couldn't give a shit about the noxious buggers who call all the time with poorly targeted wastes of my time. Nope, we don't own the house we're in so thanks but no thanks on refinancing our mortgage. Nope, sorry, we don't have kids so I don't think we need Hooked on Phonics. Nope, sorry, I'm not interested in a "Free Vegas Vacation for Two" since there's no such thing as free and I don't buy anything from unsolicited sources as a general rule.

The telemarketing industry needed to be killed off, just as spammers need to be killed off. They help no one, steal huge sums of money legitimately and are like ants at a picnic, no one wants them around.

Boo hoo, telemarketing jackasses. Maybe you should brush up on your sex chat and move over to the you get called side of the telemarketing business?

And a Quote
How about a little wisdom from Bill Cosby to round out the day?
''I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.''

0 comments: