7.25.2003

Cheddar X-tacy!
Its another week of the growing and glowing Cheddar X, the new paradigm for regular questions that moved to the deeper end of the pool. The shallow end has too much piss and the FridayFive stinking it up. Want a little more depth in your weekly question set? Or want to be able to submit your own questions to be answered? Join up at the Cheddar X!

And now, this week's questions.

1. What are you afraid of?
Regretting my life.
Using my skin as a brake pad on a low or high side on my motorcycle up in the hills and laying off the side of the road for hours until someone comes across me.

2. What was you worst fear that you overcame?
How about picking up and moving to South Africa in the last year of apartheid. Or, I'm not sure if I can count this, rolling over the rock waterfall up at Delaveaga Park and going over the bars and tumbling down the hill but since I've not conquered the obstacle I'm not sure if it counts.

3. What's the meanest thing you've ever done?
Ooooh, let's see. My last house mate in South Africa, basically started freaking on me because I was returning to the US and she thought I was going to skip out on bills and the like so she locked off the phone and started leaving piles of dirty dishes on my bed. One day she went to work and when she came home, I was gone and every single thing that was mine in the apartment was gone as well. I never spoke to her again either. It hadn't been helped by the fact that we started sleeping together a few weeks into living together. Then I got to know her boyfriend and realized I liked him and wouldn't bang his girl. She didn't take it all that well.

4. What is your favorite taste? (and it is a shame that Ryan's out of the pocket on this one because I know he'd dig on it)
Single favorite flavor? Damn, if I only had to have one I'd have to go with bruschetta made the way I like it, with lots of spice, lots of extra flavors, mozzerella and perfect crusty bread. If only it had meat in it too, then it would be the world's perfect food for me.

5. If you could relocate your life to anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Several places leap to mind but they all share many of the same traits so I'm not going to name a place and will actually describe it. Near the ocean so I have beach access. Temperate meaning not too hot in the summer and not too cold in the winter. Not crowded. Not over priced and saturated with easy money millionaires (unless I'm one of them). Good mountain roads to ride motorcycles on, good mountain bike trails. Space to have several dogs, some cats and some other critters to play with.
CapeTown is one place that fits all of this. San Diego's another. Basically I need water, sun, sand, trees and some space to stretch out in.

Cheddar X, Get Some! Go and Get Some!

Acronum - the act of being overly teched out by all the abbreviations
and
Acrodim - someone who uses acronyms because they don't really know what they stand for.

And Leblanc and I came up with a fun new game, take a regularly used acronym like FTP and see what else it might stand for. My first guess was floating toilet paper and hers was fluctuating type protocol. Lots of fun to be had with this concept!

0 comments: