6.26.2003

Inter-Personal Dynamics
I have been thinking about this ever since I went down to the beach for a swim last night. Which was, by the way, awesome. The water was alot warmer than its been lately and I had a great time bouncing around in the waves for a half hour or so.

But on the way, I saw some friends who were headed out to a party and got introduced to someone new. A very attractive blond girl who happened to be a smoker so there was no real attraction to her. Nothing is as much of a softie inducer as watching a pretty girl puff away on cancer sticks. Yuck!

Anyway, there were a few of us chatting and talking and she was talking about moving and how much of a chore it was going to be this weekend with the heat and her boyfriend out of town. She said what she'd probably do is put on a bikini top, keep a spray bottle of water available and get through it. A pal said that in her bikini she'd likely get lots of offers of help from guys.

And then she related a story of a past move wherein she and her pal were moving and were in thier tops and almost certainly looking pretty fine because she is a good looking girl. A couple of guys showed up and offered to help out with the move. Which the girls happily accepted and had them basically empty out a U-Haul for them. And once it was all over they were like, "Thanks, see ya around," and went inside and closed the door.

I guess that sort of bothered me. Her use of people and when it came time to disperse, my one pal who'd also just met her said it was very nice to have met her and hope they have a good time out celebrating. And when I left, I said my goodbyes but omitted any mention of being happy to have met her. It just didn't seem right and I honestly wasn't all that happy to have met her, another girl using her tits to get guys to do what she wanted and then discarding them when she's done.

It just sort of rubbed me the wrong way. And maybe it was the heat and other frustrations but I guess I wasn't really all that happy to have met her. Sure its nice to meet a hottie and all but her personality sort of bothered me.

And that created another new question for this week's Cheddar X. How do you deal with friends of friends that you don't really care for? I've got two more questions to post up on Cheddar X later on today as well and this one may need to get a little expansion and enhancement before its ready for use.

But it was a strange episode and I've been thinking about it for a bit now. The attraction of her looks, the repulsion of her smoking and her denial of Kant's categorical imperative to not use people solely as a means to her own ends.

0 comments: