12.13.2002

Housemate Hunting
Okay now, I live in a house with three other guys, all friends and we've had a good, comfortable place to live for the last seven or eight months.
But now, two of the four in the house are going domestic and moving in with their girls. And that's all good, I'm happy for both of them and all. But it leaves the two remaining guys with the issue of deciding who we would like to move into the house to fill the emptying rooms.
So far I've met with two of the prospects, the third doesn't count for two reasons, one, I met her for under a minute and two, she's not interested in moving in.
Got one more guy to talk with before making a decision but here's the breakdown on the two so far.

Don - an older guy but stable, mellow, not likely to be prone to wild nights of partying (which is both good and bad really), by his own admission snores like a freight train (which is most definitely a negative as his prospective room abuts into part of mine and I don't want my room to turn into a train station). But he seems like a nice enough guy and would likely be low impact aside from aural pollution. He's a chef by trade to which means his use of the kitchen would be pretty minimal.

Scot - local guy, younger, painter (houses not profiles), equally mellow and kick back. More athletic, easier to talk to (not sure how else to quantify the sense I've got here). Seems pretty quiet and would actually be interested in taking either room that's opening up. Third floor aerie or first floor with radiant heat but effectively no ceiling.

I'm sure Layne would be able to break this all down in a much more professional looking fashion and run one of her binaries or something but I think I'm leaning towards Scot just because he's much closer to my age and shares a lot of common traits with us already. He's meeting with H this morning and we'll make a decision pretty soon. Although I should try and get in touch with the third guy again, its not his fault that all circuits were busy last night.

And I should really put a little more effort into generating more qualified candidates. Maybe I'll do that this weekend too. Get a printed out ad for the upstairs room if Scot's going to end up taking the downstairs. We'll just have to see.

Anyone else in the Santa Cruz area and looking for a nice spot to kick in?

No comments: