2.15.2007

Let's Hope The Luck Holds

The smartest thing the California State Lottery did was install automatic lottery ticket machines in supermarkets.

I no longer have to deal with anyone when I want a lottery ticket. I just step up, insert my buck, select a quick pick and out it shoots.

I have an issue with the bill insert thingie though. It seems overly sensitive sometimes and, instead of just pushing the bill back out, it spits it out onto the floor. This gets rather tedious after about fifteen seconds.

But today, as I was prepping my bill for insertion (you know, rubbing out the folded bits, straightening the edges) when I noticed that the previous user of the machine had inserted a five dollar bill and only taken one ticket. Their four dollar loss was my four ticket gain!

Now let's just hope that my luck holds and one of those tickets is the winner!

0 comments: