9.19.2006

Hydrate or Wither

This morning marked the start of a new trend that I hope to continue as I do think it helped me get up and out of bed a little faster.

Though it did force me to make a pit stop on the way into the office that added a good ten minutes to my already late commute.

The idea is to wake up and pound a pint of water first thing in the morning. To help lubricate your body, rehydrate your muscles and brain and to just give your body a decent start to the day. And, so far, it seems to be working reasonably well but the results are slightly skewed as Sullivan had a short screaming fit at about 6 this morning that sort of made further rest tough.

But I'm going to try and do this for a few weeks to see if it really can help to start my days a little more easily than without it. Its all about making adjustments in the routine to be a little faster, a little better and a little more efficient.

Now if they'll only finish all that work on Highway 1 so traffic doesn't bog down and a 20 mile commute takes nearly an hour. Or they could, at the very least, finish resurfacing the highway so there isn't a four inch "shoulder" between the new asphalt and the old highway right between the lanes (i.e. exactly where us bikers have to ride during jams).

Here's some help on How to Drink More Water Everyday.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go and flush out some toxins.

Tags: , ,

0 comments: