8.13.2006

Just What Does "Excuse Me" Mean in Spanish?

I just got back from a trip to Bullseye Hell, that is the local Target, and it was a pretty unfun trip. The store has been torn apart by utterly indifferent shoppers who thought nothing of throwing things they've taken off the shelves onto the floor rather than put them back. Which meant it was really hard to find anything that I wanted and needed.

And I must have said "Excuse me" to people that had blocked the aisle with theirs seven or eight times. Not one single time did the person acknowledge me or move their goddamned cart.

So I can only conclude that "Excuse me" is a horrible insult in Spanish or I live in Assholeville. And since I know that "Excuse me" doesn't mean anything in Spanish, I will have to conclude that I live in Assholeville. Which I already know but had sort of forgotten due to lack of widespread exposure.

I've said it before and I'll say it again right now, I simply cannot wait to move away from this town and its rampant assholery.

Tags: , ,

0 comments: