8.10.2006

I've Got Posts to Post, Really, I Do

I've got plenty of stuff on my mind these days but I'm finding that, by the time I get home from work and the kids are asleep and the house is quiet, that I'm just too damned tired to really be able to put any brain-brawn behind anything of real substance.

There's plenty going on though. Chinless Joe got beat in Connecticut and will now try to get re-elected as an independent. Good for him, I hope he gets his freakin' chickenhawk ass handed to him again and then just fades into limp-dick obscurity.

Floyd's still guilty until his lawyers can prove his innocence.

The Brits saved our asses from a potentially seriously ugly day in the friendly skies over the US. Thanks England. Its not like today was the attack day as reports are saying they were a couple of days away from a dry-run to test security but still, this could have been truly horrific.

The Dodgers finally lost.

And I'm sure there's plenty more. From my own end, I'm working again and enjoying what I'm doing but its tiring work, brain tiring work. And I miss seeing my family during the day as I've gotten very used to. Graydon cried when I had to leave this morning and that makes it so much more difficult. But the work is interesting and I like it, I also like being treated with respect by my co-workers and employers, which is something I'd forgotten happened in decent jobs. I'd gotten so used to being treated like dirt that it was easy to forget what a good job is like.

Of course, the job isn't perfect. I can't listen to my music during the day, which really sucks because there's nothing else to listen to, just keyboard tapping, phone calls and conversations. And there's no way I can keep a bike in my cube to go on rides at lunch which also sucks because I loved getting out and riding instead of eating crappy fast food.

But I am making a concerted effort to, brace yourselves, never eat fast food again. Its hard to consider a never statement like that but its an ideal to strive for and that's what I'm going to do, strive for it.

Next week I'm going to go play golf after work instead of commute home in the crawling traffic so that'll be nice. The course is literally right next to my office, in fact, I could drive a ball through the window if I nutted it just so.

As in all things, there are good aspects and not so good aspects. I'm trying to keep thinking about the good aspects.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

0 comments: