11.29.2005

Absentee Blogger

I've been very bad lately, bad at writing good blog posts, bad at keeping up on all the blogs on my lists, very bad at keeping up with the flood of photos from my Flickr contacts and terrible at writing back to friends who emailed weeks ago (sorry EB!, I haven't forgotten, just highly distracted). And then there is the long foundered Cheddar X that sits there with a sad look on its face awaiting some attention.

I would like to say that I can see some light at the end of the tunnel, that things will return to what passes for normal soon. But that would be lying. I don't see any light, I don't see any tunnel coming to an end. More than that, I see the tunnel getting narrower and more confining, I see the journey having to be ever re-focused to remove more distractions and allow me to concentrate.

But, as this mid morning post ably demonstrates, I'm not there yet. I still need to whittle out my distractions so that I can get my work done.

I'm working on achieving a balance but its rather difficult to get to and, even if you do balance your life out, it stays balanced just long enough to be recognized as balanced and then the car blows its transmission or the sink explodes.

Some good things to concentrate on:
- We're going to have another baby in the new year, late May most likely and we're both leaning towards it being another boy without any evidence one way or the other.
- We will also be moving in the next year, hopefully to a location where we can allow our roots to penetrate deep into the earth so that we can feel well and truly grounded. I can't begin to relay just how wearying it is to go to what passes for home now.

I'm sure there are more things that are good but those two are the first to come to mind and my brain's not really cooperating beyond them now.
Tags:

0 comments: