10.20.2005

Traffic Jam to the Rescue!

Saved by someone's broken down Nissan this morning! How's that happen? Well, I was rolling towards Santa Cruz at a pretty decent clip and had some wanker in a pickup truck trying to sniff my tailpipe. So I gunned the engine, put some distance between us and then saw the po-po car that had been going southbound throw up a big cloud of dust and dirt as he flipped the u-turn.

You know that feeling of dread you get when you glance in your rear view mirror and there's a shiny new Chevy Caprice with the bubblegum machines on top? Yeah. Its worse when you know you're speeding by a good margin. I fully expected to see the flashers come on and spend the next hour or so getting a fat ticket.

But nope, the police car pulled in behind the pickup truck and didn't do anything except cruise.

And when we got to the top of the hill, I knew I was safe because traffic was backed up. Really backed up this morning. Its usually slow for the last three miles or so into town. But this morning it was backed up a good 12 miles out. And me being on my motorcycle, I slid right into the center lane and left the cop way, way behind me. I don't know if he was going to try and get me but I knew there was no chance he was getting me in the strangely safe and incredibly dangerous world of dead stopped traffic (DFS traffic if you're stuck in a car, dead eff stop traffic).

So yeah, saved by a traffic jam. Whodda thought?
Tags: , , , ,

0 comments: