The Santa Cruz Boat Parade
I swear that I was way ahead of the game on this one. I'd already gotten my pics loaded into the computer and had even started writing out the post but, as sometimes does happen, my little Mac took a nose dive and crashed out hard. Taking pics, blog posts, emails, web sites and a couple of other things with it.
So.... I'm left holding the tattered remains of a post about the Santa Cruz Boat Parade from this weekend. Apparently the first year in several where rain has not been an integral factor (which might help to explain the pretty impressive turnout of people).
Picture a harbor lined with people at night and boats (sailboats, powerboats, kayaks, outriggers, whatever was float worthy was going out) festooned with lights, christmas lights or pretty elaborate decorations like the dolphin boat or the two people dancing like LiteBrite characters on a boat sized screen. It was pretty cool overall and the weather was awesome, I was on a bike in shorts the whole night! Took some decent pics, had a good time hanging out with Heather and that's about that. I will try to get pics up before long but am really not going to bust anything doing it right now.
Other good news, spoke with my landlady and now have a verbal agreement that she does, in fact, owe the house a security deposit regardless of the fact that she doesn't have that money at this point. Its cash we paid in and its cash we expect to get back out when we do leave eventually. But that was a good thing to get dealt with as the first new prospective room mate comes by tonight to meet with us.
One note to people thinking about moving in with others, do not disclose the fact that "snore like a buzz saw" or have a predeliction for screaming in the middle of the night. Just a little advice.
Which reminds me, anyone know anyone who's in the area or moving to Santa Cruz in the next few weeks and needs a place to live? We've got a ripping good house that's close to the beach but rent's expensive and you'd have to deal with me on a more or less regular basis.
Just thought I'd tap whatever outlets I can. If you know of someone then drop me an Email me.
No comments:
Post a Comment