Still having issues with the template but I had to pack it in at 1 this morning. I'd meant to be in bed by 10 to try and catch up a bit. But nope, no way could I sleep knowing my blog was thrashed.
I'll get on it again later on tonight when I can do it without the distraction of working at the same time.
In other news, a pal of mine is circling the drain again and I'm going to try and set her straight when I talk to her next. Its either try to get back up or I've got to let her go because I won't be dragged back into that morass. I'm moving up, don't need any anchors to hold me down. Its a shame because she's got tremendous potential but is pissing it away by being a barfly lush. Drinking should compliment an activity, it should rarely be the sole purpose. And I feel bad because she's starting to hook up with a knob who's going to do nothing but keep her in the gutter.
Oh well, as they say, run your own program and let the others run theirs. You cannot and should not hold yourself responsible for another person's well being and health (unless they are your child, wife, family member, whatever).
It kind of surprises me that I'm as upset about her as I am. I need to break whatever emotional bond I had to her because there is no future there, cannot be. I won't become a bar monkey, waaaay too much else I have to do, need to do and want to do.
Perhaps I'll get into this some more later on, maybe an update after I've talked with her. It just makes me incredibly sad to see someone wasting their life by crawling inside a bottle again and again. I know part of the reason for it but I also know that there is nothing on this planet that I can't quit. Strength of will, resolve to break the chain. I'm sad, tired and maybe slightly depressed by living these days. But then again, I've got a decent enough set of reasons (see below Guilty Pleasures).
Until later.
Selah
No comments:
Post a Comment