7.31.2007

The Epitome of Impossible

I defy any of you out there to prevent a 14 month old baby from treating a cat's temporary Elizabethan collar (put on to prevent her from chewing on her bandage from an abscess on her paw). I dare you, I double dog dare you. It is just not possible without removing them from each other's presence.

The kitty is resting, mostly, comfortably. Anytime she stands up she remembers she's got a club bandage for a right front paw and shakes it like a polaroid picture.

Luckily for her, Sully's attention span is reasonably short so he moved on to the next annoyance in short order. Have I mentioned that Sullivan is the world's smallest hurricane? He buzzes through a room and leaves devastation in his wake. Don't let him near a box of tissues or you will quickly end up with a box and a big pile of tissues. Same thing for wipes and toilet paper.

But he is, as Grady was, unbelievably sweet and has the most adorable happy-boy smile ever.

Graydon, by the way, has a couple of phrases right now that are just too cute. When I say, "I love you, Grady" he responds with, "I love you, Poppa" and there's nothing better in the whole world. One of our games we play is to make our hands into binoculars and find each other and say, "I see you, Grady" and then he'll do the same. He is just a sweetheart of a boy.

I just wish I could turn off his auto-repeat voice function. When he wants something he has a tendency to say it again and again and again until you arrive at Nutsville (i.e. he drives you nuts).

0 comments: