12.30.2006

Snuffed

Gosh, I'm sure I'll sleep better tonight knowing he can't get me anymore.

Somehow his execution doesn't make me feel in the least bit safer or better. But I didn't have my family murdered by the man so maybe my perspective isn't properly biased by his crimes. Yes, he was a bad man and deserved death for his crimes, the ones he's been publicly held accountable for and the legions of crimes he committed that will never come to light. I keep thinking about his two sons who were horrible butchers of people, atrocious humans.

It was pretty impressive how quickly he was put down once the Iraqi's got hold of him. No chance for heroic rescue attempts by his loyalists. Its thanks for taking good care of him, here is your gallows, see ya and done. I wonder how many broken lives got some closure by his execution?

Tags: , , ,

0 comments: